John Amos Brook (c.1891-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BROOK, JOHN AMOS. Private. No SR/6974. 16th Battalion Middlesex Regiment. Born Halifax. Son of Mrs Brook, confectioner, 29 Bankwell Road, Milnsbridge. Formerly employed in an engineering works in London. Killed in action, 23.4.1917, aged 25 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING. (Brother of Private HERBERT BROOK, who died of wounds, 28.3.1915, q.v.).
- ROH:- Milnsbridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOHN A. BROOKS (SR/6974)
- regiment: Middlesex Regiment
- died: Monday, April 23, 1917
- record ID: 742321