Joe Wimpenny (c.1887-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WIMPENNY, JOE. Private. No 307856. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Golcar. Lived Gladstone Buildings, Marsden. Married, with two children. Employed as a minder by Messrs J Pogson and Company, Bridge Street Mills, Slaithwaite. Attended Linthwaite Parish Church. Enlisted August 1916. Embarked for France in December, 1916. Killed in action, 21.11.1917, aged 30 years. Buried DOCHY FARM NEW BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row B, Grave 23.
- Brother of Private JOHN WIMPENNY reported missing, presumed killed, 23.11.1916.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WIMPENNY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, November 21, 1917
- record ID: 161278
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #161278)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4825133)