Joe Willie Kaye (1888-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KAYE, JOE WILLIE. Lance Corporal. No 38146. 17th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Primrose Hill, Huddersfield, 9.11.1888. Son of Mary Ann Kaye, 20 Low Road, Berry Brow, Huddersfield. Educated Mount Pleasant Council School, Lockwood. Employed as a dyer's labourer. Husband of Mary Kaye, 29 Robin Hood Hill, Berry Brow. Enlisted 21.10.1914. Killed in action, 17.4.1917, aged 29 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Armitage Bridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOE WILLIE KAYE
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Tuesday, April 17, 1917
- age: 29 years
- record ID: 797386
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #797386)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2207965)