Joe Willie Adamson (1896-1916)
Joe Willie Adamson was baptised on 4 October 1896 at Holmfirth, the son of Edgar James Adamson and his wife Sarah.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ADAMSON, JOE WILLIE. Private. No 40202. 10th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Formerly No 32249 Durham Light Infantry. Born Underhill, Holmfirth. Son of Mr E.J. Adamson, Church Terrace, Berry Brow. Employed by Messrs Brook and Woodhouse, woollen and worsted manufacturers, Queen's Mill, Huddersfield. Enlisted February 1916. Had been in France for seven weeks when he was killed by a sniper on 10.11.1916, aged 20. Buried in RAILWAY DUGOUTS (TRANSPORT FARM) BURIAL GROUND. Grave location:- Plot 6, Row O, Grave 27.
- ROH:- Armitage Bridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ADAMSON
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Friday, November 10, 1916
- record ID: 489010
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #489010)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #195666)