Joe Mellor (c.1896-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MELLOR, JOE. Private. No 143316. 17th Battalion Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 4237 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of Mr and Mrs J. R. Mellor, 13 North Street, Lockwood, Huddersfield. Employed by Messrs Hirst and Mallinson, Longwood. Attended Lockwood Church Sunday School. Enlisted July 1915. Was wounded on 3.9.1916 and again in November, 1917. Died of wounds, 3.4.1918, aged 21 years. Buried DOULLENS COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION No 1. Grave location:- Plot 6, Row E, Grave 4.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Lockwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOE MELLOR
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Wednesday, April 3, 1918
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 83234
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #83234)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3006169)