Joe Kirk (c.1898-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KIRK, JOE. Guardsman. No 23285. Coldstream Guards. Born Shelley. Adopted son of John Henry and Hannah Thomas, Big Valley, Armitage Bridge. Employed in the commercial department at Messrs Whiteley's works at Lockwood. Enlisted in 1917. Killed in action, 4.11.1918, aged 20 years. Buried CROSSROADS CEMETERY, FONTAINE-AU-BOIS. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row D, Grave 3.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Shelley.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOE KIRK
- regiment: Coldstream Guards
- died: Monday, November 4, 1918
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 296330
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #296330)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2604983)