Joe Hirst (1883-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HIRST, JOE. Private. No 13004. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Paddock 13.2.1883. Educated All Saints Church of England School, Paddock. Employed as a spinner by Messrs J. Rayner and Company Limited, Turnbridge, Huddersfield. At the time of enlistment, was living at 56 Lower Brow Road, Paddock. Married, with three children. Enlisted 8.8.1914. Killed in action, 28.3.1915. Has no known grave. Commemorated MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- All Saints Church, Paddock.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOE HIRST
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, February 24, 1915
- record ID: 1614291
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1614291)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1896308)