Joe Grange (c.1895-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GRANGE, JOE. Private. No 6164. 9th Battalion Highland Light Infantry. Formerly No 31317 Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Huddersfield. Son of Mr and Mrs Ben Grange, Winget Avenue, Cowlersley, Milnsbridge. Employed as a piecer by Messrs Joseph Dyson and Sons, Elm Ing Mills, Milnsbridge. Was a member of the South Ryding Working Men's Club. Attended the Linthwaite Church and Sunday School. Enlisted 4.4.1916. Embarked for France 25.11.1916. Reported missing, 27.12.1916, aged 21 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Linthwaite War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOE GRANGE
- regiment: Highland Light Infantry
- died: Wednesday, December 27, 1916
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 786882
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #786882)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1416746)