Joe Anderson (c.1895-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ANDERSON, JOE. Private. No 204476. 10th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Holmfirth. Educated at Wooldale Lane Bottom School and attended Wooldale Townend Primitive Methodist Sunday School. Was a member of Holmfirth Harriers. Married in June 1914. Left a widow, (Edith) and a boy, aged two years. Worked as a millhand in the finishing department of Messrs James Lancaster and Sons, Mytholm Bridge. Embarked for France in May, 1917. Died of wounds in No.13 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, 20.9.1917, aged 22 years. Buried in LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 23, Row B, Grave 14.
- ROH:- Underbank War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JOE ANDERSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, September 20, 1917
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 433571
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #433571)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #50240)