Jesse Wood (c.1887-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WOOD, JESSE. Private. No 29008. 9th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Born Marsh, Huddersfield. Lived with his sister, Mrs Joe Lilley, at 22 Abbott Street, Marsh. Employed by Messrs Joseph Sykes and Sons Limited, Acre Mills, Lindley. Attended Holy Trinity Church, Huddersfield. Killed in action, 13.10.1917, aged 30 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Holy Trinity Church, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JESSE WOOD
- regiment: Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Saturday, October 13, 1917
- record ID: 875637
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #875637)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4853204)