James Willie Rollinson (c.1894-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ROLLINSON, JAMES WILLIE. Gunner. No 113140. 262nd Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Shelley. Son of Mrs Ben Rollinson, Old Post Office Yard, Shelley. Employed by Messrs Firth Brothers, Bank Bottom Mills. Attended Shelley Parish Church and was a member of the Church Institute. Killed in action, 1.7.1917, aged 23 years. Buried VLAMERTINGHE NEW MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row E, Grave 2.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Shelley.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner JAMES WILLIE ROLLINSON
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Sunday, July 1, 1917
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 143125
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #143125)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3813982)