James Willie Brooke (1880-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BROOKE, JAMES WILLIE. Driver. No L/25470. 168th (Huddersfield) Brigade Royal Field Artillery. Born Moldgreen, Huddersfield, 5.8.1880. Educated at Stile Common Board School. Employed as a dyer by Messrs Dyson, Hall and Company, Greenside, Dalton. Husband of Mary Jane Brooke, 7 Fleming House Lane, Waterloo, Dalton. Enlisted May 1915. Embarked for France in December, 1915. Died of wounds received near Ypres, 28.12.1917, aged 37 years. Buried in BLEUET FARM CEMETERY, ELVERDINGHE, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row B, Grave 51.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Kirkheaton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Driver J W BROOK (L/25470)
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Friday, December 28, 1917
- record ID: 436349