James Senior (c.1888-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SENIOR, JAMES. Private. No 300101. 9th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Husband of Amy Senior, 20 Chapel Gate, Scholes Moor, Holmfirth. Employed by Messrs Kaye and Stewart. Reported missing at the Battle of Arras on 25.4.1917 and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. He was 28 years of age. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JAMES SENIOR
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, April 25, 1917
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 1638665
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1638665)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3960499)