James McShane (c.1881-1915)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- McSHANE, JAMES. Private. No 12519. 4th Battalion The King's (Liverpool Regiment). Born Stockton-on-Tees. Husband of Sarah Elizabeth McShane, 4 Love's Yard, High Street, Huddersfield. Killed in action, 27.4.1915, aged 33 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JAMES McSHANE
- regiment: King's Liverpool Regiment
- died: Tuesday, April 27, 1915
- age: 33 years
- record ID: 1622448
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1622448)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2868141)