James McMath (c.1887-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- McMATH, JAMES. Private. No 14237. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Glossop. Lived 60 Station Road, Holmfirth. Married, with two children. Employed by Messrs B. Mellor and Son, Albert Mill, Holmfirth. A keen football player. Enlisted October 1914. Was wounded in the left hand on 8.10.1916, when his Regiment attacked the village of Le Sars. He was under treatment at Becketts Park Hospital, Leeds, for two months. Killed in action, 18.4.1918, aged 30 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated LOOS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Holmfirth War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JAMES McMATH
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, April 18, 1918
- record ID: 735444
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #735444)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2851362)