James Hutchings Beaumont (c.1894-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEAUMONT, JAMES HUTCHINGS. Lieutenant. 2/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of John and Bertha E. Beaumont, Dogley Villa, Kirkburton. Educated at Almondbury Grammar School. Employed by Messrs Marriott and Moss of Halifax. Commissioned in February, 1915. Died of wounds at Boulogne Base Hospital, 24.6.1917, aged 22 years. Buried in BOULOGNE EASTERN CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 7, Row B, Grave 24.
- ROH:- Almondbury Grammar School; All Hallows Parish Church, Kirkburton; commemorated on headstone in Kirkburton Cemetery.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lieutenant JAMES HUTCHINGS BEAUMONT
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, June 24, 1917
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 48653
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #48653)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #265923)