James French (c.1893-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FRENCH, JAMES. Private. No 14927. 10th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Son of the late Martin French (an old Huddersfield Veteran) and Mrs French, 8 Old Post Office Yard, Castlegate, Huddersfield. Employed by Bentley's Yorkshire Brewery Limited. Reported missing, presumed killed, 1.10.1916, aged 23 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private EDWARD FRENCH killed in action, 28.2.1916.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JAMES FRENCH
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, October 1, 1916
- record ID: 750223
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #750223)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1259472)