James Francis Carter (c.1890-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CARTER, JAMES FRANCIS. Gunner. No 140928. Royal Field Artillery. Born Kirkburton. Son of Frank and Elizabeth Carter, of Smith's Croft, Highburton, Kirkburton. Employed as a weaver by Messrs W. and E. Armitage, of Shepley. Had served in Mesopotamia for two years. Died of pneumonia in the Connaught Hospital, Aldershot, 26.10.1918, aged 28 years. Buried ALL HALLOWS CHURCHYARD, KIRKBURTON. Grave location:- 19, 1488.
- ROH:- All Hallows Parish Church, Kirkburton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner CARTER
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Saturday, October 26, 1918
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 2752199
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752199)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #734238)