James Carr (c.1896-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CARR, JAMES. Private. No 242940. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Leeds. Son of Mr and Mrs Peter Carr, 53 Craven Road, Woodhouse Street, Leeds. Educated at Meanwood Road Council School, Leeds. Employed as a scourer and miller by Messrs T. Calverley and Sons, Milnsbridge. Husband of Elsie May Carter, 40 Cobden Row, Marsden Road, Huddersfield. At the time of enlistment, was living 119 Cottage Retreat, Marsden Road, Huddersfield. Enlisted 4.8.1914. Came home on leave a few days before his death. Had been in hospital previously suffering from the effects of an accident. Killed in action near Ypres, 23.3.1917, aged 21. Buried BELGIAN BATTERY CORNER CEMETERY, YPRES. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row G, Grave 4.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JAMES CARR
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Friday, November 23, 1917
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 92692
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #92692)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #720939)