Jack Hellawell (1896-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HELLAWELL, JACK. Private. No 52609. 1st Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Swan Lane, Lockwood, 3.10.1896. Son of Joseph and Annie Hellawell, 39 Hope Street, Folly Hall, Huddersfield. Educated Mount Pleasant Board School. Employed as a warehouseman by Messrs Gledhill Brothers of Lockwood. Attended Primrose Hill United Methodist Church. Single. Enlisted 29.3.1916. Reported missing on 21.3.1918 and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Stephen's Church, Rashcliffe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private JACK HELLAWELL
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Thursday, March 21, 1918
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 786129
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #786129)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1825264)