Irving Crowther (1887-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CROWTHER, IRVING. Private. No 41625. 15th/17th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Bradley Mills, Huddersfield, 6.8.1887. Educated at St. Andrew's School, Huddersfield. Employed as a woollen spinner by Messrs T. and H. Blamires Limited. Husband of Sarah Crowther, 24 Hawk Street, Huddersfield. Killed in action, 27.3.1918, aged 31 years. Buried TWO TREE CEMETERY, MOYENVILLE. Grave location:- Row B, Grave 21.
- The 15th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment held the front of the 31st Division at Moyenville on March 26th27th 1918 for 36 hours averting disaster at the cost of 700 casualties.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private CROWTHER
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Wednesday, March 27, 1918
- record ID: 569742
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #569742)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1041593)