Irvin Hinchliff (1893-1919)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HINCHLIFF, IRVIN. Private. No DM2/134734. 913th Motor Transport Company, Army Service Corps. Born Cowcliffe, Huddersfield, 15.7.1893. Son of Albert and Louisa Hinchliff, 75 Netheroyd Hill Road, Huddersfield. Educated at Cowcliffe Schools. Employed as a textile worker. Single. Enlisted October 1915. Died in Salonica of malaria and influenza at No 49 Casualty Clearing Station, 17.7.1919, aged 25 years. Buried BRALO BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave No 97.
- ROH:- St. Hilda's Church, Cowcliffe; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial.
- Brother of Private JOE HINCHLIFF died in East Africa, 7.12.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private IRVIN HINCHLIFF
- regiment: Army Service Corps
- died: Friday, January 17, 1919
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 342245
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #342245)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5124705)