Bull's Head, Blackmoorfoot, Linthwaite

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • also known as: Mount Tavern beerhouse (prior to 1870s)
  • location: Blackmoorfoot Road (formerly Wakefield and Austerlands Turnpike), Blackmoorfoot, Linthwaite
  • status: still exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

Advertised for auction in July 1874:[1]

TO BE SOLD AT AUCTION, early next month, all that Freehold DWELLING-HOUSE, now used as a Beerhouse, situate at Blackmoor Foot, in Linthwaite, formerly called "Mount Tavern," but now known as "The Bull's Head," with the barn, stable, and land thereto belonging , now in the occupation of John Dyson.

Licencees, Landlords and Publicans

  • 1861 Census — wool waste dealer and beer seller Henry Eastwood (aged 32)

Location

Notes and References

  1. Huddersfield Chronicle (20/Jun/1874).

Bull's Head, Blackmoorfoot, Linthwaite

Categories

Buildings | Licensed premises on the Wakefield and Austerlands Turnpike (West) | Public houses, beerhouses, inns, etc. | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 8 May 2017 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed