This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1854 [#152], 1892 [#56]
- location on map: Meltham Gate (now Moor Bottom), Honley
- status: no longer exists
- category: church or chapel
Erected about 1797 or 1798.
Marked as an Independent Chapel on the 1850s O.S. map and as a Congregational Chapel on later maps.
The congregations of the Wesleyan Chapel (High Street), the Primitive Methodist Chapel (Southgate) and the Congregational Chapel formally united in September 1969, leading to the building of the current-day Trinity Church to replace the three existing chapels.
Notes and References
- ↑ Yorkshire Returns of the 1851 Census of Religious Worship: Volume 3, West Riding (South) (2000) edited by John Wolffe. The return notes that many of the congregation did not live locally and "attendance varies according to the weather".
- ↑ Non-Conformist Chapels of Honley: The Methodists (2008) by Honley Civic Society.