Independent Chapel, Penistone Road, Dogley Lane

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • also known as: Dogley Lane Congregational Church
  • appears on maps: 1892 [#109]
  • location on map: Penistone Road, Kirkburton
  • status: exists but under a different use
  • category: church or chapel

Discovering Old Huddersfield

Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:

Between Woodsome Bridge and Kirkburton, Ogilby marks just two place names, Dudgley Gate and Smithin Land. The first of these is now Dogley Lane. About a quarter of a mile after the bridge notice, on the left, the one time premises of Dogley Lane Congregational Church now divided into a dwelling house and a workshop. Opened in 1816 the church survived until the 1960s when a dwindling congregation inevitably led to its closure.

Location

Independent Chapel, Penistone Road, Dogley Lane

Categories

Buildings | Churches and places of worship | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 10 February 2018 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed