Huddersfield and District Perfect Thrift Building Society
The Huddersfield & District Perfect Thrift Building Society was a building society believed to have been formed around 1889.
Members paid regularly into a central pool and then ballots were held in which a random member would receive a fixed-period interest free loan — typically £100, £200 or £300 loaned interest free for 16 years.
At the third annual meeting in March 1892, the society had gross receipts of £1,125. By 1896, the society's balance in hand had increased to £1,325 15s. and a total of £5,980 had been loaned to members (of which £1,125 had been repaid)
By 1900, the society had become the Huddersfield and County Permanent Building Society.
Notes and References
- "Huddersfield and District Perfect Thrift Building Society" in Huddersfield Chronicle (12/Mar/1892).
- "Huddersfield and District Perfect Thrift Building Society" in Huddersfield Chronicle (21/Mar/1896).