Huddersfield Narrow Canal Wharf and Basin, Milnsbridge
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1890 [#430]
- location: off Tanyard Road, Milnsbridge
- status: still exists
- category: misc feature
- notes: with crane for unloading goods (now removed)
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1134353
CALDER AND HEBBLE NAVIGATION 1. 5113 HUDDERSFIELD NARROW CANAL Milnsbridge Basin SE 1115 37/314 II 2. Presumably 1793-8. Hammer-dressed stone banks and coping. Upright cast iron post, formerly the base of the crane from which crane wharf takes its name.