This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: end of Spring Street, at corner with Water Street, Huddersfield
- status: still exists
- category: municipal building
- notes: offices with circular reservoir behind (now demolished)
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 02 May 1978
- listing entry number 1224317
WATER STREET (West Side) Nos 1, 3 and 5 (former offices of Huddersfield Corporation Waterworks Dept). 1828. Ashlar. Hipped slate roof. Two storeys. Moulded eaves cornice. Blocking course. Band. Five ranges of sashes, of which central ones break forward and are crowned by pediment oval plaque in tympanum, inscribed in Gothic lettering "Water Works. Established by Subscription. MDCCCXXVIII." Three doors, two with six moulded panels. Extension northwards: hammer dressed stone. Hipped stone slate roof. Two storeys. Stone brackets to gutter. Six ranges of windows (one blocked) and one oculus with four keystones at north end.