Huddersfield Corporation Gas Works, Huddersfield
- appears on maps: 1890 [#421], 1905 [#38]
- location: Gasworks Street, Huddersfield
- status: no longer exists
- category: works
Discovering Old Huddersfield
Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:
The gas holders on the left hand side of St. Andrew's Road mark the site of the Huddersfield Gas Company formed in 1821. This continued as a private company until 1871 when it was bought by the Corporation for £130,000.