The following is a transcription of a historic newspaper article and may contain occasional errors.
ELECTION OF AUDITORS AND ASSESSORS.
The election of auditors, revising assessors, and assessors for the several wards in the borough took place on Wednesday, and the following parties have been declared respectively elected:—
Auditors of the Borough.
- Robert Drake Gooch, accountant, Brunswick Street
- Henry Wilde, accountant, Trinity Street
- William Mallinson, merchant, New North Road
- Thomas Firth, jun., gentleman, Greenhead Lane
Assessors of the Several Wards of the Borough.
- West Ward.
- James Shaw, yarn spinner, Bath Buildings
- John Dodds, merchant, Trinity Street
- North Ward.
- John Addy Hopkinson, spinner, West Parade
- John Jabez Grist, woollen waste dealer, Newhouse
- Central Ward.
- John William Walker, draper, Edgerton
- Jonas Hellawell, surgeon, Buxton Road
- East Ward.
- Thomas Washington, linen draper, New Street
- Henry Revell, tobacco manufacturer, Cross Church Street
- South Ward.
- William Senior, gentleman, East Parade
- John Mallalieu, grocer, The Shore
- Marsh Ward.
- Frederick Walker, salesman, Burleigh, Edgerton
- Alfred Sykes, merchant, Imperial Road, Marsh
- Fartown Ward.
- Michael Kaye, gentleman, Clara Terrace, Honoria Street
- Aston Hiley, woollen salesman, Honoria Street
- Dalton, Deighton, and Bradley Ward.
- William Henry Johnson, farmer, Deighton
- Thomas Peeker Wilkinson, farmer, Fell Grove, Bradley
- Moldgreen Ward.
- Anthony Knowles Kaye, chemist, Pack Horse, Moldgreen
- John Smith, Drysalter, Storth, Moldgreen
- Lockwood Ward.
- Thomas Haigh, cashier, View Place
- George Kirk, machine-maker, Crescent House
- Almondbury and Newsome Ward.
- Stephen Arlom, farmer, Jack Royd
- Thomas Shaw, jun., grocer, Berry Brow
- Lindley-cum-Quarmby Ward.
- William Sykes, gentleman, Temple Street, Lindley
- Firth Ellam, cloth dresser, Croft House, Westgate