Huddersfield Building Society
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!There's not much to see here at the moment but we hope to add more details about this topic at a later date :-)
The Huddersfield Building Society, originally known as the Huddersfield Equitable Permanent Benefit Building Society, was formed in 1864.
It later merged with the Bradford Building Society, and then joined with the West Yorkshire Building Society in 1982 to form the Yorkshire Building Society (YBS).
The Huddersfield Equitable Permanent Benefit Building Society was formed in April 1864.
In 1902, the society moved into the Britannia Buildings in St. George's Square, Huddersfield.
The society was renamed the Huddersfield Building Society in 1918.
- The Early Years of the Huddersfield Building Society (1974) by T.H. Hall
- Articles about the Huddersfield Building Society
- Yorkshire Building Society: 150 Years