The Borough of Huddersfield was formed on 7 July 1868 and so 2018 is the sesquicentennial anniversary!
The official web site is huddersfield150.org.uk where you can find:
- details of the Huddersfield 150 Exhibition at Heritage Quay
- information about events
- photographs of the Centenary Pageant Parade
- resources such as scanned books and research materials, including copies of Municipal Incorporation of Huddersfield: Court of Inquiry (1867), Jubilee History of the Corporation of Huddersfield (1918), and The Story of Huddersfield (1968)
Huddersfield Local History Society have marked the anniversary by publishing a new collection of essays entitled Making Up for Lost Time: The Pioneering Years of Huddersfield Corporation, which can be purchased on their web site for £8.95.
Huddersfield Exposed has been involved with digitising materials relating to the Incorporation of Huddersfield which will hopefully be of interest to anyone researching the events:
- details of the Local Boards which existed in the area and predated Huddersfield Corporation
- articles about the Incorporation of Huddersfield
- articles about Huddersfield Town Council
- Parliamentary and Local Acts relating to Huddersfield
- boundary maps of the Municipal Borough of Huddersfield (1868-1889) and the County Borough of Huddersfield (1889-1974)