Huddersfield: Its History and Natural History. A descriptive, historical, geological, botanical, and zoological sketch of the town and neighbourhood was written by Charles Codrington Pressick Hobkirk (1837-1902) and first published in 1859.
A copy of the book was placed in a "hermetically-sealed leaden box" which was inserted into a cavity of the foundation stone of the Mechanics' Institute on Northumberland Street as a time capsule during the stone laying ceremony in October 1859. Other items placed in the box included copies of the Times, Leeds Mercury, Huddersfield Chronicle and Huddersfield Examiner newspapers, the annual report of the Institute for 1959 and several coins.
A second edition was published in 1868.