Hubert Woodhead (c.1897-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WOODHEAD, HUBERT. Private. No 20390. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Meltham. Son of Alfred and Elizabeth Ellen Woodhead, Green's End, Meltham. Killed in action on 12.10.1916 in the attack on Flers during the Battle of the Somme. He was 19 years of age. Buried GUARDS' CEMETERY, (LESBOEUFS). Grave location:- Plot 11, Row ZZ, Grave 4.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HUBERT WOODHEAD
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, October 12, 1916
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 543873
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #543873)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4863694)