Hubert Ramsden (c.1898-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- RAMSDEN, HUBERT. Guardsman. No 19818. Coldstream Guards. Born Holmbridge. Son of John Thomas and Frances Ramsden, Bank Top, Holmbridge. Attended Hinchliffe Mill Wesleyan Chapel. Employed at Yew Tree Mills. Enlisted October 1916. Killed in action at the Battle of Cambrai, 30.11.1917, aged 19 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private ARTHUR RAMSDEN killed in action, 29.7.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HUBERT RAMSDEN
- regiment: Coldstream Guards
- died: Friday, November 30, 1917
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 1756139
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1756139)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3653953)