Horse Shoe Inn, Kirk Gate, Huddersfield
This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1851 [#464]
- location on map: junction of Kirk Gate & Rosemary Lane (no longer exists), Huddersfield
- listed in: Baines (1822)
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
- notes: demolished prior to 1890 map
Huddersfield Police Court
- 04/Aug/1851 — landlord Henry Bentley charged with keeping a disorderly house after Inspector Brier found "two prostitutes, one of whom was sat upon a man's knee" (fined 5s. plus 10s. expenses)
- 07/Feb/1852 — landlord Henry Bentley charged with allowing gambling (fined 10s. plus 16s. expenses)
- 30/Mar/1852 — landlord Henry Bentley charged with selling beer outside of allowed hours (withdrawn on payment of 9s. expenses)