Horace Brook (c.1893-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BROOK, HORACE, MM. Corporal. No 27585. 'C' Company, 37th Battalion Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 17782 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Jacob's Row, Lockwood. Son of Mrs E. E. Brook, 408 Blackmoorfoot Road, Crosland Moor. Educated at Mount Pleasant Council School and Spring Grove Council School. Employed as a shop assistant in a booksellers and stationers. Single. Enlisted 20.1.1916. Awarded the Military Medal in May, 1918. Killed in action, 24.8.1918, aged 25 years. Buried in ACHIET-LE-GRAND COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row K, Grave 28.
- ROH:- Rehoboth Baptist Chapel; 'Rising Sun' Public House, Crosland Hill; St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal BROOK
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Saturday, August 24, 1918
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 294836
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #294836)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #2