Holy Trinity Church, Hepworth

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: Butt Lane, Hepworth
  • status: still exists
  • category: church or chapel

Historic England Listing

  • Grade II
  • first listed 16 January 1967
  • listing entry number 1215503

BUTT LANE. Hegworth. Church of The Holy Trinity. Gothic revival Church in early decorated style. 1863 by Mallinson and Healy of Halifax. Hammer dressed stone with ashlar dressings. Steeply pitched slate roof with ashlar copings and finials. Cruciform plan with three tier square tower with broach spire in north-east corner. Tower has two-light louvred bell chamber and small lancet openings. Nave of two two-light shouldered arched windows. Porch to west: three-light stained glass window with bar tracery to each end and each trancept. Interior: scissor braced trusses which intersect at crossing. Chancel arch. Pre-Raphaelite (possibly Burne-Jones) stained glass window to south trancept. Carved wooden pulpit. Carved stone font 1908. Later Vestry and Organ to south.

Location

Further Reading