Holmfirth Flood Project
The Holmfirth Flood Project has the following aims:
- To make historic content relating to flooding in the Holme Valley freely available, such as transcriptions of newspaper articles and other contemporary publications.
- To provide a focal point for research into the impact of the floods and into the lives of those who were affected, including the victims and their families.
We are extremely grateful to Enid Minter for allowing On the Trail of the Holmfirth Flood 1852 (1996) to be made available to read online.
Using this search will limit the results to just items within the Holmfirth Flood Project:
- Articles about Bilberry Reservoir — including articles relating to construction
- Articles about the Holmfirth Flood of 1852
- Books about the Holmfirth Flood of 1852
- Victims of the Holmfirth Flood of 1852
- Articles about the Holmfirth Flood of 1944
- Books about the Holmfirth Flood of 1944
- Victims of the Holmfirth Flood of 1944
- flooding in September led to the death of Edward Brook Addy