Holme Local Board was the local authority body responsible for issues relating to public health in the Township of Holme.
Typically elected by local rate payers and property owners, Local Boards were formed following the Public Health Act 1848 and the subsequent Local Government Act 1858, and had responsibility for the oversight of sewers, water supplies, public toilets, street cleaning, slaughterhouses, pavements, and burial grounds within their district.
Holme Local Board was superseded by Holme Urban District Council in 1894, having rejected a proposal to become part of an enlarged Holmfirth Urban District Council. It was eventually amalgamated into the latter in 1938.
The O.S. map from the early 1890s shows that only the northern part (shaded green) of the Township of Holme was controlled by Holme Local Board, whilst the southern part formed a detached portion that was under the control of the Austonley Local Board. By 1907, the enlarged Holme Urban District included this detached portion.