Holme is a rural village approximately 2.5 miles to the southwest of Holmfirth.
A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848) edited by Samuel Lewis:
HOLME, a township, in the ecclesiastical district of Holme-Bridge, parish of Almondbury, union of Huddersfield, Upper division of the wapentake of Agbrigg, W. riding of York, 9 miles (S. S. W.) from Huddersfield; containing 713 inhabitants. The township comprises 1669a. 2r. 14p., and forms part of the graveship of Holme, in the manor of Wakefield, belonging to the Duke of Leeds. The woollen manufacture is carried on to a considerable extent.
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1872) edited by John Marius Wilson:
HOLME, a village and a township in Holme-Bridge chapelry, Almondbury parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands on an eminence at the head of Holmfirth valley, near the boundary with Cheshire and Derbyshire, 3 miles SW of Holmfirth r. station, and 9 SSW of Huddersfield. The township comprises 3,990 acres. Real property, £2,185; of which £405 are in quarries. Pop., 807. Houses, 141. Most of the surface is mountainous moorland, forming part of the backbone of England. The woollen manufactory is carried on.
The extent of the Civil Township of Holme (compiled from O.S. maps of the early 1890s) is shown below.