Hofmann Cottages, Milnsbridge
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1890 [#404]
- location: junction of Croft House Lane & Hofmann Street, Milnsbridge
- status: still exists
- category: terraced row
An "L" shaped row of terraced housing (Croft House Lane) and row of back-to-backs (Hofmann Street), the houses were likely named after the German chemist Professor August Wilhelm von Hofmann)
Together with the nearby terraced properties known as Faraday Square, these may have collectively been known as Dawson Buildings, presumably having been built by chemical manufacturer Dan Dawson of Milnsbridge whose chemical works were situated on the opposite side of the river.
Notes and References
- ↑ Hofmann had links to the chemical industry in Huddersfield. See also Wikipedia: August Wilhelm von Hofmann