History of the Church of St. John the Baptist, Kirkheaton, Yorkshire, and Annals of the Parish was written by Legh Tolson and published in 1929.
A copy of the book can freely downloaded from Kirkheaton.info (registration required).
Under the terms of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, the copyright of literary, dramatic, musical or artistic works in the United Kingdom expires at the end of the period of 70 years from the end of the calendar year in which the author (or last author) dies.
Legh Tolson died in 1932 and copyright on his works expired at the end of 2002.
- Topography and Trade
- Feudal History
- Origin, History, and Architecture
- Additions and Alterations
- Church Furniture
- Church Plate
- The Organ and Church Music
- The Bells
- Stained Glass Windows
- Heraldic Glass Described by Dodsworth in 1629
- Heraldry Now in the Church
- Mural Inscriptions
- The Fire in 1886
- The Churchyard, Epitaphs, Gates, Stocks, Cucking-Stool
- The Church House
- The School
- The Rectory
- Patrons of the Rectory of Kirkheaton
- Minor Ecclesiastics and Curates
- The Parish Clerk
- Registers, Briefs and Benefactions
- Bequests Exhausted or Lost
- Terriers and Churchwardens Accounts
- Halls and Families