Hirst Lindley (1888-1919)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- LINDLEY, HIRST. Sergeant. No 20845. 63rd Squadron Royal Air Force. Born Shepley. Son of Mr H. Lindley of The Marsh, Shepley. Attended Shepley Wesleyan Church and was a local preacher in the Holmfirth Wesleyan circuit. Employed by Mr George Lindley at Sovereign Quarries. Had served over two years in Mesopotamia and had just received his demobilisation papers when he was accidentally killed at Basra on 15.6.1919, aged 31 years. Buried BAGHDAD (NORTHGATE) WAR CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 20, Row D, Grave 7.
- ROH:- Shepley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- If Somebody Remembers Me! Men from the Village of Shepley who Served in the Great War (2014) by Geoff Peel
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #634226)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #6566177)