Hiram Lodge (c.1877-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- LODGE, HIRAM. Gunner. No 117972. 306th Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Huddersfield. Father of Willie Lodge, Station Road, Skelmanthorpe. Killed in action, 13.11.1917, aged 40 years. Buried BARD COTTAGE CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 6, Row B, Grave 26.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner LODGE
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Tuesday, November 13, 1917
- age: 40 years
- record ID: 440461
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #440461)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2695145)