Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:
About a third of a mile after the bottom of Cowcliffe Hill Road stop to consider the chapel, Wasp Nest Road and King Cliff Road.
Hillhouse Methodist Chapel was founded as a Free Wesleyan Society in the early 1870s by a breakaway group from the Brunswick Street Chapel in Huddersfield. From 1907 onwards small independent societies began to form themselves into the United Methodist Church and. as far as can be recalled.Hillhouse became part of this organisation towards the end of the First World War. The chapel is generally known as t' Teapot and there are two explanations for this wonderful colloquial name, the first and most obvious of which is that it derives from the ornamental urn still to be seen on the gable. The second is that a great deal of money for the chapel was raised by that most ubiquitous of institutions the chapel tea. Whatever the reason, the members of the chapel were known throughout the district as "Teapotters."