Hildred Brook (c.1890-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BROOK, HILDRED. Private. No 3/10601. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Meltham. Son of the late Sam and Lydia Ann Brook. Lived Mill Moor, Meltham. Killed in action on the first day of the Battle of the Somme, 1.7.1916, aged 26 years. He had been previously wounded and gassed at Hill 60 in May, 1915. Buried in EUSTON ROAD CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row A, Grave 53.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HILDRED BROOK
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, July 1, 1916
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 524517
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #524517)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #517328)