High Burton (hamlet)

The hamlet of High Burton was one of the two hamlets within the Township of Kirkburton, the other being Kirkburton. The hamlet was part of the Manor of Wakefield.

Situated within the hamlet were the habitations of Dogley Lane, Highburton, Linfit, and Paddock.

Boundary

The boundaries of the two hamlets (as marked on the 1854 O.S. map) are shown below, together with the adjoining hamlets and townships:

Hamlets in Kirkburton (c.1850).svg

The boundary of the hamlet of High Burton (compiled from the 1854 Ordnance Survey map) is shown below in red, with the remainder of the township of Kirkburton (which was the hamlet of Kirkburton) shaded in green.