Herbert Tyas (c.1885-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TYAS, HERBERT. Private. No 42118. 1/5th Battalion York and Lancaster Regiment. Born Skelmanthorpe. Married, with four children. Lived Cumberworth Road, Skelmanthorpe. Employed as a plush finisher by Messrs Field and Botterill. Enlisted April 1917. Killed in action, 15.4.1918, aged 32 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Aidan's Church, Skelmanthorpe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT TYAS
- regiment: York and Lancaster Regiment
- died: Monday, April 15, 1918
- record ID: 825244
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #825244)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4534482)