Herbert Stanley Hoyle (c.1887-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOYLE, HERBERT STANLEY. Private. No 241539. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Son of John and Emily Hoyle, 1 Perseverance Street, Primrose Hill, Huddersfield. Employed by Messrs F. Eastwood and Company, Colne Road. Was a member of Primrose Hill Liberal Club. Enlisted 1916. Died of wounds at No 48 Casualty Clearing Station, 27.11.1917, aged 30 years. Buried ROCQUIGNY-EQUANCOURT ROAD BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row D, Grave 18.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT STANLEY HOYLE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, November 27, 1917
- age: 30 years
- record ID: 244002
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #244002)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1995797)